StatCounter

Friday, July 22, 2011

Initial Post

For many years I ignored the issue of my Wikipedia entry.

It was mendacious, incomplete, biased, and clearly written by one of my multifarious ideological enemies who had no business posing as a genuine scholar or disinterested party. The "sources" cited for the article's absurd and incomplete recounting of my life and career were all of the Looney Left variety, completely unreliable, and at times incoherent. None of them even came up to Wikipedia's own standards for sourcing, something I repeatedly pointed out to whoever the hell is on the other end of their one published contact e-mail, and which was of course completely ignored.

(Since 2006, I have yet to receive one single official response to any of my complaints to Wikipedia about false and defamatory content in my entry, and as of today five years' worth of commentary on the talk page has been completely erased--a lot of Goat Dancing idiocy, true, but also my own comments on what was going on.)

Nonetheless, while the entry was twisted and malicious in tone, in the past it avoided outright falsehood (most of the time) and on the few occasions when I corrected outright falsehood my corrections were eventually accepted, albeit grudgingly.

Now, however, the Goat Dancers have discovered Wikipedia and are posing as "unbiased editors" (of a very newly minted variety.) They are re-writing the entry to include outright falsehood, vicious ad hominem vilification, and GUBU fabrication. My experience so far in attempting to get Wikipedia to recognize and correct this problem seems to indicate that this is going to be a long and complex process, and that I need to document it. Hence this blog.

Watch this space.

-Harold A. Covington

(Unlike Wikipedia, all entries in this blog will be signed personally by myself, as author, using my real name.)

No comments:

Post a Comment